Containers can be used for several purposes for example shipping containers, storage containers, office containers, portable ablution facilities as well as low cost housing. With the transformation of the era, there seems to be no limit to the different uses for containers. Containers are extremely versatile and can be used in a variety of different ways.
Containers are generally constructed of aluminium or corrugated steel with each container size and type built according to the same ISO specifications, regardless of where the container is manufactured. Containers are available in different sizes in order to accommodate the specific needs of a client. They are available in 6 meters standard container, 12 meters standard container and 12 meters high cube container.
Normally containers are used for moving abroad or locally. The required size container will be delivered to the destination of choice in order to be loaded. Once the container has been loaded, the transport and logistics company will collect the container for delivery to the final destination.
How do I know which transport and logistics company to hire for the best containers?
When it comes to containers we think of transport and logistics. But what to look for in a container? Are there any specifications or details I need to pay attention to? We can confirm that there are several aspects of a container to look at before hiring:
- Materials – Is the container made of Corrugated steel which is a corrosion resistant steel as well as the plywood floor in good condition
- Doors and Seals – The doors and seals are very important when it comes to shipping The seals on the doors keep moisture out protecting the cargo inside. There should be a rubber seal around the door as well as any vents that appears. These seals prevent the elements such as rain and wind from damaging your cargo inside.
- Intermodal container – Intermodal indicates that the container can be moved from one mode of transport to another (From ship, to rail, to truck) without unloading and reloading the contents of the These containers are best for long distances with lots of weight.
- Size – Predetermining the size of container needed before hand might be a something to consider. Having the correct dimensions of each container provided to you by the transport and logistics company will simplify your choice. Hiring a container that is to small adds unnecessary pressure. Ensure that the specs on their site for the containers are what you have in mind.
- Reliability – Make sure the transport and logistics company of your choice is reliable, trustworthy and that your cargo will be delivered on time. Check the company’s reviews.
Dimensions of different containers:
When it comes to the sizes available, you need t make an informed choice of the size of the container you are looking for. Here are some different dimensions:
6meter container dimensions:
External – Length: 20′ 0″ | 6.06m – Width: 8′ 0″ | 2.44m – Height: 8′ 6″ | 2.60m
12meter container dimensions:
External – Length: 40′ 0″ | 12.2m – Width: 8′ 0″ | 2.44m – Height: 8′ 6″ | 2.60m
12meter high cube container dimensions – Internal – Length: 39′ 5″ | 12.03m – Width: 7′ 8″ | 2.35m – Height: 8′ 8″ | 2.64m – Door Opening Width: 7′ 8″ | 2.34m – Door Opening Height: 8′ 4″ | 2.54m
Whether you are moving to a new home or abroad, the stress around the move is enough. Checking on your cargo should be the last of your worries. It is the responsibility of the transport and logistics company to ensure that your cargo arrives at the given destination on time and in good condition.
FDK Transport is a transport and logistics company that sees the bigger picture. Providing you with the best options possible. All our containers are compliant to the regulations of the International Organisation for Standardization (ISO). We have years of experience when it comes to the transportation of containers, ensuring your cargo arrives on time every time.
FDK Transport not only supply and deliver containers, we provide you with peace of mind. Every time. Other services provided by FDK Transport is Warehousing and Product Distribution Management, Product Collection and Delivery, Cattle and Livestock Transport as well as 1, 4, 8, 12 and 14 Ton Truck hire services including rollbacks.
Whatever your needs, FDK Transport is the answer.